4-DAY PERSONAL TRAINING
INTRODUCTION TO MILLINERY COURSE
A one to one intensive 4-day course, 4 hours per day where you will learn a range of couture millinery techniques and complete at least 2-3 hats in straw and in felt. You can choose a brim hat or fascinator/cocktail hat or one of each style. You will learn all steps required to create a hat to a couture standard.
This millinery class is perfect for a beginner or intermediate students and covers all necessary basic skills. This class is highly recommended if you want to learn the craft of millinery and get confident in your skills and ideal for those considering venturing into the world of millinery.
During the workshop you will cover the following skills:
- Gain experience of working with handling both sinamay straw and felt, and learn the different qualities of each material.
- Learn how to block and stiffen a crown and a brim, and how to correctly remove your pieces from the block.
- Learn about different couture stitching methods, which are appropriate for different parts of the hat or material.
- Gain experience of different edge trimmings.
- Learn about working with petersham ribbon.
- Learn different ways and techniques of decorations both with sinamay straw and felts.
- Learn different ways of how to wear a hat and secure it on the head.
This workshop is 1-2-1 private tuition where I give you all my attention and lead through all the steps of learning. As this is a one to one course it can be tailored to meet your needs. Extensive advice and a list of suppliers and information will be provided during the course.
Price is GBP 580.00 including all the materials
Contact for more details or other dates/time inquiries